Workbook p. 10
- I always do my homework when I get home from school . PS
- Liam hasn’t been doing well at school for a few months. PPC
- My sister ‘s always talking on her phone. PC
- They’ve been thinking about buying a new house for more than a year now. PPC
- Jim’s forgotten to do his homework again. PS
- Steve doesn’t want to go to university next year. PS
- It’s the last week of term so we’re not doing very much at school. PPS
- No, he’s not busy. He’s playing cards on the computer.
- I’m writing my party invitations. Who should I invite?
- Most people don’t write letters, just emails.
- I’ve been writing all morning. My hand’s tired.
- My cousin usually plays tennis twice a day. He loves it.
- I haven’t written to thank my aunt for my present yet. I must do it tonight.
- We’ve played all of these games. Have you got any others?
- She’s not very good at the piano. She hasn’t been playing for very long.
We do/re doing some really important exams at school over the next few weeks so I spend/ m spending most of my free time studying for them at the moment. Normally the two things I like / ‘m liking most in life are T V and computer games but I don’t watch / ‘m not watching any TV and don’t play / ‘m not playing computer games while the exams are on. I usually help/am helping my dad in the shop at the weekends. He doesn’t pay/ isn’t paying me a lot but I like / ‘m liking getting the money. I don’t work / ‘m not working there for a while. I need / ‘m needing the time for revision.
- I am. I didn’t sleep very well lately.
- Have you finished your homework?
- I don’t know. I’ve not seen him for a few hours.
- You’re dirty. What are you doing?
Jules: I’ve not seen her for weeks.
Dan: No, but she has text me most days.
Jules: So what is she doing these days?
Dan: Well, she was training really hard for the past month.
Jules: Training? For what?
Dan: She wants to be a professional footballer. Chelsea football club has invited her to train with them. She starts with them on Monday.