Change the sentences to reported speech !
- Mary said, “I will play a card game tomorrow.”
Mary informed me that she would play a card game tomorrow .
- Sophie said, “I went to bed early last night.”
Sophie said that she had gone to bed early last night .
- The teacher said to Jenny, „You have to learn your grammar.”
The teacher told Jenny to learn her grammar.
- Jessica told the immigration officer,” This is my first trip to England.”
Jessica told the immigration officer that this trip was her first trip to England.
- He told me, “You are the most beautiful girl I have ever seen.”
He told me that I was the most beautiful girl he had ever seen .
- Marty said, “I’m going to visit my uncle next month.”
Marty said that he was going to visit his uncle next month.
- Lara said, “I get on with my parents really fine.”
Lara said that she got on with her parents really fine.
- Gloria explained, “I can’t come to the party because I’m going away for the weekend.”
Gloria explained that she couldn’t come to the party because she was going away for the weekend.
- Mark said, “My friend found a new job in the music business.”
Mark said that his friend had found a new job in the music business.
- Judy complained, “I have already written this essay four times.”
Judy complained that she had already written this essay four times.
- Peter announced, “I will not give up until this factory was shut down.”
- Her boyfriend told her,” You have bought a wonderful dress.”
Her boyfriend told her that she had bought a wonderful dress.
- Paul said, “I don’t like my new flat.”
Paul said that he didn’t like his new flat.
- My father told Ben, “I am sure I saw you here last week.
My father told Ben that he was sure that he had seen him here last week.
- Betty said, „If I knew the answer, I would tell you.”
Betty said that if she had known the answer, she would have told me.
Change to reported speech.
- The boy asked the tour guide, “Where is the main tourist office? “
The boy asked the tour guide where was the main tourist office.
2. The police officer said, “Get out of the car !
The police officer ordered the boys to get out of the car.
3. The woman asked,” How long have you worked as a tour guide ?”
The woman wanted to know how long she had worked as a tour guide.
4. He said, “Come to me !”
He told me to come to him.
5. I asked the waiter,” When is dinner served ?”
I asked the waiter when was dinner served.
6. The old lady asked the policeman, “Is there a shopping centre nearby?”
The old lady asked the policeman whether there was a shopping centre nearby.
7. Dad asked,” Did you find my glasses ?”
Dad asked me whether I had found his glasses.
8. He said to his son, “Don’t be afraid !”
He told his son not to be afraid.
9. Dad advised us “, You should always wear a helmet when you ride a bike!”
Dad advised us to always wear a helmet when we ride a bike.
10. The biologist wondered, “What kind of marine animals are there in the park”?
The biologist wondered what kind of marine animals there were in the park.
11.The journalist asked, “Have you published any interesting stories yet?”
The journalist wanted to know whether we had published any interesting stories.
12.He said to her, “I may not be able to meet you at the airport.”
He told her that he might not been able to meet her at the airport.
13.She said, “Let’s go out !”
She suggested to go out.
14.The doctor told her, “Don’t get up until Sunday!”
The doctor told her not to get up until Sunday.
15.The girl said, “Please don’t tell my parents “!
The girl begged the teacher not to tell her parents.
16.She asked, “Can I go tomorrow?”
She asked if she can go next day.