- Did Charles have enough money? No
- Did he buy the CD? No
- Did Cilla call Andrea? No
- Did she take her mobile with her? No
- Were they late? Yes
- Did they see the start of the film? No
- Did Paul make a mistake? Yes
- Did Paul listen to Lee? No
- Did Jo go to the party? Yes
- Was Jo invited to the party? Yes
- Did Tom forget his keys? No
- Did Lisa remind him about his keys? Yes
- If you had told me you were going to the beach, I’d have come with you.
- If Dan had missed the plane, he would have been very annoyed.
- I’d have got you a present if I had known it was your birthday.
- We wouldn’t have got lost if we’d taken a map with us.
- If the car hadn’t broken down, I wouldn’t have been late.
- If you hadn’t helped me, I wouldn’t have finished in time.
- If Baz hadn’t showed you what to do, what to do, what would have you done?
- It wasn’t cold, so we didn’t light a fire.
If it had been cold, we’d have lit a fire.
- John didn’t come, so we didn’t do any painting.
If John had come, we’d have done some painting.
- Claire didn’t buy any clothes because she didn’t see anything she liked.
Claire would have bought some clothes if she’d seen something she liked.
- The audience laughed because the joke very funny.
If the joke hadn’t been very funny, the audience wouldn’t have laughed
- We decided to leave because it was really noisy.
We wouldn’t have decided to leave if it hadn’t been really noisy.
- If I won a million euros, I’d buy my mum and dad a new house.
- If Steve paid more attention in class, he would learn more.
- They’d go on a cruise if they had enough money.
- You’d feel a lot healthier if you didn’t eat so much fast food.
- If I had a bike, it wouldn’t take me so long to get to school.
- If you met Tom Hanks, what would you as him?
- Would Bobby be upset if I didn’t invite him?
- If I were you, I’d get a haircut!
- Sylvia doesn’t have enough money, so she can’t buy a new computer.
If Sylvia had enough money, she’d buy a new computer.
- The twins don’t see their friends often because they’re very busy.
If the twins weren’t so busy, they would see their friends.
- I don’t live in city, so there’s not much to do in the evening.
If I lived in the city, there would be lots to do in the evening.
- Grandma won’t get a dog because she lives in a small flat.
If Grandma didn’t live in a small flat, she’d get a dog.
- You use your mobile a lot, so you have large phone bills.
If you didn’t use your mobile so much, you wouldn’t have large phone bills.
- I think you should tell your parents the truth.
If I were you, I’d tell your parents the truth.
Dear Marsha, I’m not sure what to do. I’m thinking becoming a vegetarian, but some of my friends say it’s a bad idea. They say that if I stop eating meat, my body won’t get all the things it needs to stay healthy. Are my friends right?
Thanks, Yuri, age 14.
Dear Yuri, Millions of people are vegetarians and they’re perfectly healthy. You have be careful, though if you gave up eating meat completely, and only ate chocolate and crisps, that would obviously be very bad for you! If people don’t eat properly, they would get ill. It’s that simple. If you eat lots of fruit and salad and beans, you will get all the things you need to stay healthy. But-you’re only 14 years old. If you live at home with your parents-and you probably do-you’ll have to ask them what they think too. If your mum cooks for you, it will be difficult for her to make you special meals. If I were you, I would think about this carefully and maybe wait until you’re a bit older before making such big decision.